Current openings are arranged by staff categories. To view a detailed description of responsibilities, qualifications and instructions for submitting your application with resume, click to expand each listing.
These positions directly provide client services and deliver on agreed strategies and plans.
G&S is searching for stellar interns! We’re looking for high-energy and passionate individuals for a Summer 2019 paid internship. G&S is committed to providing internship opportunities that result in a meaningful agency experience. The goal of our internship program is to foster and develop both the technical and creative talents of our interns in business and communication strategy that will effectively prepare them for a future in the PR/business communications field. At G&S, interns will receive the opportunity to grow and gain experience in areas such as:
- Content Creation
- Branding and Identity
- Social Media
- Website Content Promotion
- Customer Events
- Press Releases/Media Placement
An internship at G&S affords you:
- The chance to join client teams and do meaningful work
- An opportunity to offer your thoughts, opinions and ideas.
- Time spent learning and working closely with tools of the business communications trade
- The opportunity to help us conduct research on behalf of current and potential clients, to help inform future plans and campaigns
- A group of collaborative, tightly-knit colleagues excited to have you on board – for their benefit and your own!
The ideal intern candidate will:
- have strong oral and written communication skills.
- be proficient in social media platforms.
- be detail oriented and organized.
- enjoy working both independently and collaboratively.
- have experience in Industry/Trade and Internet research.
- have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- be action-oriented and solutions-driven.
We value each and every member of our team and give everyone a seat at the table and a chance to make an impact. We hope that you’ll spend your semester with us.
Timing: Approximately 15-20 hours per week is preferred. We are flexible and will work to coordinate hours with school schedules.
To Apply: Email qualifications via cover letter and resume to either email@example.com (NYC), firstname.lastname@example.org (Chicago) or email@example.com (Raleigh). Please make your subject line “Summer 2019 Internship, Your First Name Your Last Name, Expected Graduation Month and Year.”
We are always reviewing resumes for top talent. Candidates must possess exceptional presence and excellent writing, creativity and organizational skills. Responsibilities will include using a full range of communication services, including: writing press materials, developing and maintaining relationships with editors and clients; event coordination; and performing day-to-day account activities. Candidates must be team players who are willing to learn quickly and build meaningful relationships on behalf of our clients. PR or journalism experience and/or internship is required. (1-3 years’ experience for Account Execs).
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for day-to-day client contact and the implementation of integrated business communications program activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a keen understanding of distinct B2B and B2C audiences and the ability to develop/execute business communications programs that engage these audiences.
- Proactively generate new story ideas based on industry trends and business insights.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential trade, consumer and business journalists to secure media placements on behalf of clients.
- Actively collaborate with creative, digital and other agency specialists to enhance storytelling.
- Develop and edit a wide range of content, including news releases, technical and feature articles, Q&As, e-mail copy, social content, infographics, presentations, collateral, internal communications, key messages, media backgrounders, etc.
- Provide analysis of program success and results against program objectives.
- Anticipate client needs and offer proactive counsel and recommendations.
- Have excellent project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Actively manage program budgets.
- Travel to events and meetings with clients/executives as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years agency or corporate communications experience; experience in B2B is a plus.
- Must possess a BS/BA in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing. Other related fields will be considered.
- Proven ability to generate a high volume of media coverage.
- Exceptional content development/storytelling skills across traditional, digital, social and creative channels.
- Strong understanding of the integration of traditional, digital, social and creative to engage audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with clients, media and co-workers in a proactive, timely and professional manner.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply creative thinking and confident risk taking to solve problems and provide solutions that achieve results.
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Experience managing and/or coaching junior staff is a plus.
Account Supervisors are responsible for the day- to-day client operations including planning/strategy, media relations, content development, social media content and management, client and team management and collaboration with creative and digital team members
- Manage day- to- day account work while driving consistent results
- Edit content – messaging and positioning/talking points, news releases, articles, social content, collateral, infographics, e-mails, presentations, etc.
- Drive coverage in target media outlets through pitching and distribution strategies. Create and develop proactive pitch ideas for clients based on their industry, current trends and news.
- Develop strategic business communication business plans that include traditional, digital and social media as well as creative.
- Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior-level staff to foster employee development
- Lead brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients
- Travel to events and meetings with client/executives and on behalf of client
- Minimum 5 years B2B agency or corporate communications experience.
- Must possess a BS/BA in journalism, public relations or communications. Other related fields will be considered
- Strong experience using traditional, digital and social media to engage B2B audiences is imperative
- A willingness to be proactive and work effectively in an exciting and fast-paced team environment
- Ability to apply logical thinking to problem-solving; providing practical solutions that achieve results
- Must be able to manage several accounts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with clients, media and co-workers required
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be a team player with a commitment and dedication to the agency’s success
- Ability to coach, lead and mentor junior team members
These positions deliver creative solutions to account teams and clients.
Responsible for all creative asset development, from concept to delivery, the Senior Graphic Designer will help creative, digital and account teams deliver successful design solutions for both client and agency needs. This role will coordinate closely with stakeholders across the agency to drive creative awareness, enable growth and broaden brands in both the B2B and B2C categories.
- Designing and creating work across channels (i.e. print, digital, social, experiential) that supports strategy and creative goals set by Art Director.
- Owning and prioritizing projects from concept to final delivery, delivering per timelines and budget across multiple workstreams
- Presenting design concepts to stakeholders for feedback and critique
- Working with external vendors to ensure high quality output
- Continually developing conceptual and creative skills across all mediums, hone communication skills with internal and external teams and clients.
- Working with small to large teams, both independently and in collaboration for design success.
- 5-8 years agency or related experience
- Must possess a BFA/BS/BA degree
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good verbal and written communications skills, proven ability to meet deadlines, excellent organizational skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced office.
- Expert level user of Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of Sketch, WordPress, and other developers’ platforms / software a plus. Be willing to learn and become proficient with creative department project management software.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be capable of collaborating confidently with other agencies and vendors.
- Have a passion for solving strategic and subjective design problems.
- Experience in strategic and creative project work that supports project and measurement goals.
- Relevant understanding to B2B and B2C businesses.
To apply: send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
G&S is looking for a Junior Production Artist to work within the creative department to assist with edits and prepare files for print and digital production. This requires organization, time management and a detailed knowledge of all production processes. The person in this role must have an understanding of design principles through the consistent use of grids, color, typography, and information hierarchy. They will also have a strong ability to understand and utilize multiple brand guidelines documents simultaneously.
- Managing priorities to deliver files within production deadlines
- Taking a proactive role to liaise with creative & digital colleagues, project managers and accounts teams as required
- Keeping files organized and updated as needed
- Minimum 1-3 years’ professional experience in either a creative agency’s production department or a corporate marketing department
- Professional experience with Creative Cloud
- Proficient understanding and use of both brand guidelines and templates
- Strong knowledge of typography and design principles
- Attention to detail is a must. We’re looking for someone who is organized, diligent and ready to work hard in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
To apply: send your resume directly to email@example.com
These positions serve as internal resources to account teams and clients.
G&S is looking for an organized entry-level Project Manager to assist with managing and prioritizing multiple campaigns/projects from conception through final delivery.
- Defining project milestones, develop timelines, and track progress, revising schedules as needed to ensure deadlines are met
- Assisting with budget estimating, working directly with team leads and finance
- Monitoring campaign/project budgets (including hours spent, comparing projected vs actual) and communicate status accordingly with appropriate team members
- Reviewing campaign/project briefs and request any/all relevant information prior to job kickoff
- Facilitating team communication and collaboration to ensure all campaign/project requirements, expectations, deliverables, etc. have been fully outlined and that any outstanding information or needs are addressed
- Monitoring workflow of deliverables and communicate progress of assigned action items
- Reviewing creative/digital project work and provide input as applicable
- Developing and maintaining strong internal working relationships
- 1-2 years of project management experience, preferably within an agency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work with poise and professionalism in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Familiar with campaign/project workflow processes
- Familiar with project management software – prior experience with Advantage a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
To apply: send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org