Current openings are arranged by staff categories. To view a detailed description of responsibilities, qualifications and instructions for submitting your application with resume, click to expand each listing.
These positions directly provide client services and deliver on agreed strategies and plans.
We are always reviewing resumes for top talent. Candidates must possess exceptional presence and excellent writing, creativity and organizational skills. Responsibilities will include using a full range of communication services, including: writing press materials, developing and maintaining relationships with editors and clients; event coordination; and performing day-to-day account activities. Candidates must be team players who are willing to learn quickly and build meaningful relationships on behalf of our clients. PR or journalism experience and/or internship is required. (1-3 years’ experience for Account Execs).
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for day-to-day client contact and the implementation of integrated business communications program activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a keen understanding of distinct B2B and B2C audiences and the ability to develop/execute business communications programs that engage these audiences.
- Proactively generate new story ideas based on industry trends and business insights.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential trade, consumer and business journalists to secure media placements on behalf of clients.
- Actively collaborate with creative, digital and other agency specialists to enhance storytelling.
- Develop and edit a wide range of content, including news releases, technical and feature articles, Q&As, e-mail copy, social content, infographics, presentations, collateral, internal communications, key messages, media backgrounders, etc.
- Provide analysis of program success and results against program objectives.
- Anticipate client needs and offer proactive counsel and recommendations.
- Have excellent project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Actively manage program budgets.
- Travel to events and meetings with clients/executives as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years agency or corporate communications experience; experience in B2B is a plus.
- Must possess a BS/BA in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing. Other related fields will be considered.
- Proven ability to generate a high volume of media coverage.
- Exceptional content development/storytelling skills across traditional, digital, social and creative channels.
- Strong understanding of the integration of traditional, digital, social and creative to engage audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with clients, media and co-workers in a proactive, timely and professional manner.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply creative thinking and confident risk taking to solve problems and provide solutions that achieve results.
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Experience managing and/or coaching junior staff is a plus.
To apply: send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Supervisors are responsible for the day- to-day client operations including planning/strategy, media relations, content development, social media content and management, client and team management and collaboration with creative and digital team members
- Manage day- to- day account work while driving consistent results
- Edit content – messaging and positioning/talking points, news releases, articles, social content, collateral, infographics, e-mails, presentations, etc.
- Drive coverage in target media outlets through pitching and distribution strategies. Create and develop proactive pitch ideas for clients based on their industry, current trends and news.
- Develop strategic business communication business plans that include traditional, digital and social media as well as creative.
- Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior-level staff to foster employee development
- Lead brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients
- Travel to events and meetings with client/executives and on behalf of client
- Minimum 5 years B2B agency or corporate communications experience.
- Must possess a BS/BA in journalism, public relations or communications. Other related fields will be considered
- Strong experience using traditional, digital and social media to engage B2B audiences is imperative
- A willingness to be proactive and work effectively in an exciting and fast-paced team environment
- Ability to apply logical thinking to problem-solving; providing practical solutions that achieve results
- Must be able to manage several accounts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with clients, media and co-workers required
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be a team player with a commitment and dedication to the agency’s success
- Ability to coach, lead and mentor junior team members
G&S is searching for stellar interns! We’re looking for high-energy and passionate individuals for a Spring 2019 paid internship. G&S is committed to providing internship opportunities that result in a meaningful agency experience. The goal of our internship program is to foster and develop both the technical and creative talents of our interns in business and communication strategy that will effectively prepare them for a future in the PR/business communications field. At G&S, interns will receive the opportunity to grow and gain experience in areas such as:
- Content Creation
- Branding and Identity
- Social Media
- Website Content Promotion
- Customer Events
- Press Releases/Media Placement
An internship at G&S affords you:
- The chance to join client teams and do meaningful work
- An opportunity to offer your thoughts, opinions and ideas.
- Time spent learning and working closely with tools of the business communications trade
- The opportunity to help us conduct research on behalf of current and potential clients, to help inform future plans and campaigns
- A group of collaborative, tightly-knit colleagues excited to have you on board – for their benefit and your own!
The ideal intern candidate will:
- have strong oral and written communication skills.
- be proficient in social media platforms.
- be detail oriented and organized.
- enjoy working both independently and collaboratively.
- have experience in Industry/Trade and Internet research.
- have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- be action-oriented and solutions-driven.
We value each and every member of our team and give everyone a seat at the table and a chance to make an impact. We hope that you’ll spend your semester with us.
Timing: Approximately 15-20 hours per week is preferred. We are flexible and will work to coordinate hours with school schedules.
To Apply: Email qualifications via cover letter and resume to either email@example.com (NYC) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Chicago). Please make your subject line “Spring 2019 Internship, Your First Name Your Last Name, Expected Graduation Month and Year.”
These positions deliver creative solutions to account teams and clients.
G&S is looking for a creative individual who is passionate, dedicated and forward thinking to join our Creative Team. You are a seasoned professional, able to quickly understand client industries and recognize how to move their needle. You will manage several key client accounts while overseeing your own team of designers. You are a champion of ideas, crafting inspired briefs and leading brainstorming sessions. You nurture the team’s talent through a culture of openness, relentless curiosity and ensuring the creative output is always paramount. You are exceptionally organized, have a high appreciation for process and a noticeably considered disposition. Your role requires the ability to nimbly switch gears between heavily guideline driven, quick turn-around work to longer-term highly conceptual projects, often jumping between them several times a day. This is the ying and yang nature of the work, our department and the wider agency – it’s an exceptionally dynamic environment, not for the faint-hearted. For the successful candidate though the rewards are plentiful. This role reports to the Vice President of Creative.
- Working on a range of accounts from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, from B2C to B2B, resulting in engaging and remarkable experiences.
- Extending conceptual ideas into compelling design and marketing solutions.
- Visually supporting our clients’ unique stories and the G&S point of view through design, animation and video production.
- Monitoring emerging trends in interactive technologies, content marketing, graphic design, user experience, and marketing tactics.
- Executing all stages of client-facing design projects, from concept through completion.
- Managing and prioritizing projects to ensure flawless delivery.
- Hiring, training, and managing departmental staff.
- Working with designers to ensure that campaign and project goals are being met.
- Participating in strategic brainstorming sessions with account teams and clients.
- Reviewing design concepts and providing constructive feedback to designers.
- 7-10 years agency or related experience
- Must possess a BS/BA/BFA degree
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good verbal and written communications skills, proven ability to meet deadlines, excellent organizational skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Layout skills, mastery of typography, color theory, and the fundamentals of graphic and digital design; traditional illustration skills, and versatility in style.
- Proven ability to deliver creative design solutions within the constraints of available media.
- Ability to collaborate with others to deliver professional, pixel-perfect final products.
- Confidence to effectively describe and present design ideas and recommendations in any setting.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work seamlessly in a team environment, with team members across all disciplines (Account, Creative, Digital & Web, Project Management).
- Fundamental understanding of UX.
- Self-starting and adaptive work style.
To apply: send your resume and portfolio directly to email@example.com.
These positions serve as internal resources to account teams and clients.
We are seeking a Junior Digital Specialist with a focus on email marketing, marketing automation and targeted communications. Duties will include handling day-to-day production requests. This person will coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and partner agencies on projects of various scope.
Job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and communicate with manager, project manager and other internal and external stakeholders as required
- Work on projects that leverage digital forms of communication, especially email
- Approach all projects from a UX perspective and offer suggestions as needed
- Maintain digital content and asset quality, and adhere to best-practices
- Understand and meet project deadlines
- Guide project stakeholders on complex digital concepts
- Provide regular, proactive updates to supervisor and project managers on projects and responsibilities
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Work experience and/or internship in a relevant field (marketing communications, digital marketing, B2B marketing, etc.)
- Strong analytical, collaborative, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple priorities as required
- Knowledge of CRM software is a plus
- Experience providing technical support, troubleshooting, quality assurance testing, and user experience testing
- A desire to hone digital skills
The Senior Digital Media Buyer will be responsible for the day-to-day management, creation and execution of digital advertising programs including paid search (Google ads), paid social (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.), display, remarketing and other platforms on behalf of our clients. Key functions include collaborating with internal and external clients, incorporating paid strategies into broad communications plans, audience segmentation, campaign reporting and analysis, and working with other agencies/vendors.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage ad accounts, platforms and budgets.
- Generate new campaigns, build ad groups, define target audiences, select keywords/phrases, vet third-party networks, set match types, develop ad copy and optimize campaigns.
- Plan, execute and measure A/B testing.
- Monitor campaign performance and results.
- Optimize keywords/phrases, bids, target audience, ad copy, calls-to-action, landing page copy, etc., to meet business goals and objectives.
- Generate campaign performance reports, provide analysis and recommendations to optimize future campaign(s).
- Review communication strategies and offer suggestions to best leverage digital media channels.
- Understand and meet project deadlines, coordinate and communicate with supervisor, project manager and other internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Collaborate with account teams and be able to communicate with agency clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Possess BS/BA in journalism, communications, public relations, media, marketing or other related field.
- 3-5 years in a paid media, paid social or digital buying role
- 3-5 years of professional experience creating and executing SEM campaigns
- 3-5 years of professional experience with social media platforms and their ad management tools: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. Experience with social media management software preferred.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, keen eye for detail, specs and ad spends across multiple campaigns, platforms and clients.
- Strong understanding of social communities, social networking, social media policies and launching both paid and organic campaigns.
- Strong understanding of search engines, web design/development and paid advertising platforms.
- Experience pulling website metrics from Google Analytics, Adobe Experience Cloud, Tableau, SEMRush or similar platforms.
- Knowledge of digital advertising trends, usability best practices, web and mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of media trends, social platforms/mobile applications.
- Experience with B2B companies and communications campaigns preferred, but not required.
- Creative and digitally savvy. Must keep pace with SEM, social media and SEO trends.
To apply: send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.