Reliance on News Media is Surging among Americans Seeking Facts about Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility
In rising numbers, Americans are seeking information about corporate social and environmental responsibility, particularly from news coverage, according to the ninth annual G&S Sense & Sustainability® Study published by G&S Business Communications (G&S). The opinion poll was conducted online by YouGov Plc for G&S in August 2018 among 2,659 U.S. adults.
The 2018 survey focused on these primary areas:
- Sources for information about companies’ environmental and social responsibility initiatives;
- Business actions that contribute to a positive reputation for sustainability;
- Government actions that contribute to trust in its ability to protect society and the environment;
- Familiarity with business practices related to environmental and social responsibility; and,
- Impact of ESG factors on consumer decisions.